This fun tutorial has been edited and reposted here by permission from Rhiannon Stone. Keep reading for Rhiannon’s simple steps to make your own dream catcher.
Dream catchers originated from the Native Americans who believed that they would trap negative dreams in the web whilst letting positive dreams through the hole in the middle and down the feathers to the sleeper below.
Follow these four simple steps below to make your own dream catcher, just as beautiful as Rhiannon’s.
- An embroidery hoop – you choose the size
- Lace ribbon – to wrap around the embroidery hoop
- Hot glue gun
- A crystal of your choice – I chose amethyst because it is a highly protective and healing stone
- Wire – I used bright blue jewellery wire
- An assortment of colourful yarn, ribbon, sequins (optional: feathers)
First step is to wrap your embroidery hoop with your choice of ribbon or lace. Second step is to create the intricate spider-web in the middle. Here is a little mini tutorial on how to do this:
Step three is adding your trim to the bottom using all kinds of fabrics. I used what I had in my ribbon box because I didn’t want to spend much money on it (and I knew I had some pretty stuff to use)
Have you seen my other posts for more great DIY and how to ideas?
Enjoy this article? Sign up for monthly updates
plus HELEN’S INTUITIVE ENERGY READING IN YOUR INBOX – FREE